Tutors are made up of volunteer GVSU community members and include faculty, staff, students, alumni, retirees, etc. Volunteers have indicated grade bands and subjects they are comfortable working with and must pass a GVSU background check prior to working with students.
- English Language Arts (Reading, Writing, Speaking, Listening)
- Social Studies (History, Geography, Political Science, etc)
- Foreign Language (currently Spanish and Mandarin)
- Psychology (9th-12th grade only)
Students are required to sign up for tutoring sessions as least 24 hours in advance. During their scheduled session, they connect with tutors through a platform called Blackboard Collaborate Ultra. A phone number is also provided should a student not have access to WIFI.
Parents/guardians are required to complete an electronic parental consent form prior to their student working with a GVSU tutor. The consent forms are available in English and Spanish.
· Complete the English Version
· Complete the Spanish Version
All of the above information and more, including how to sign up for a tutor, is located on the K-12 Summer Tutoring Website.
Check out the K-12 Summer Tutoring Website