The benefits of volunteering are many. We’ve listed a few here:
• To feel more connected to others within the Black River community
• To help accomplish a goal that moves the Fine Arts dept. in a positive direction
• To support my child/friend/relative in an activity in which they’re engaged
• To bring a sense of fulfillment into my life
• To build on skills and talents I may already possess
What about the time commitment?
How much time you devote to volunteering is completely up to you. From a few
minutes of putting of flyers around the school to setting up for one of our two main
fundraisers, you decide what fits best with your schedule.
How can I help?
• Attend our monthly meetings to find out what’s happening in the Fine Arts
department. Click here for the list of 2021-2022 meeting dates.
• Help organize, plan and/or execute one of our two annual FAB fundraisers,
Ratfest and Fine Arts Night.
This could include:
Advertising through posters, flyers, emails and the BR newsfeed
Recruiting volunteers for an event
Assisting with set up and/or teardown
Securing donations within the community
What about student volunteers?
Absolutely! We’re always looking for motivated students to help with school events.
You will gain valuable experience by becoming more involved AND gain community
Who do I contact to find out more?
If you’re interested in volunteering, contact the FAB chair, at