- RightStart Math is a “ hands-on program that de-emphasizes counting, uses visualization of quantities, and provides strategies and visual pictures for learning the facts. Understanding and problem solving are emphasized throughout the curriculum.”
- "Renaissance Accelerated Math® provides deep math practice at the unique levels students need in order for them to grow-from foundational skills to grade level standards. It’s the key to mastering math: Building incremental confidence"
Sharon Walpole Decoding Inventory
Evidence-Based Literacy Instruction (EBLI)
- “EBLI consists of an explicit, systematic process of teaching literacy skills – reading, writing, and spelling – that assist learners of any age or ability level to reach their highest potential in these areas.”
- The Meaning of EBLI. How EBLI Works, and More.
- “EmPOWER is a systematic method for teaching academic writing. With EmPOWER, students talk themselves through six steps of the writing process and, within each step, use proven strategies to problem-solve. Students can use the EmPOWER method for any writing assignment in any grade level and any subject area.”
- “The Seeing Stars® program develops symbol imagery—the ability to visualize sounds and letters in words—as a basis for orthographic awareness, phonemic awareness, word attack, word recognition, spelling, and contextual reading fluency.”
- “The Visualizing and Verbalizing® (V/V®) program develops concept imagery - the ability to create an imaged Gestalt from language - as a basis for comprehension and higher order thinking.”
- “The Orton-Gillingham Approach is a direct, explicit, multisensory, structured, sequential, diagnostic, and prescriptive way to teach literacy when reading, writing, and spelling does not come easily to individuals, such as those with dyslexia.”
Orton-Gillingham: Red Words
- “Orton-Gillingham red words are those words that cannot be sounded out phonetically and do not follow any particular phonemic rules... For students to read fluently, they need to be able to recognize and read sight words quickly since these words make up about 50% of the words they will encounter when reading a story... [They are taught] using a multi-sensory approach.”
Fountas & Pinnell's Leveled Literacy Intervention (LLI)
- “[LLI] provides daily, intense, small group instruction, which supplements classroom literacy teaching… with engaging leveled books and fast-paced, systematically designed lessons.”